Blues Views
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barnton at Home

3 posters

Go down

Barnton at Home Empty Barnton at Home

Post by HammersforEver Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:52 am

Great performance today.

Tom Williams out injured but replaced with new forward called Jake who played very well and with intelligence. Also Brad Wicks returned to the club this week and made a very useful partnership with Jack Egan in midfield.

Back 4 and keeper solid throughout lots of pace on both wings and plenty of movement up front made for a very enjoyable and comfortable victory and hopefully the start of our season.

Still convinced we could be a top 5 outfit come the end of the season and nothing to fear in this division with the current management and playing staff.

Hopefully we can stay out of the bottom 3 with a victory on Tuesday at Squires Gate.

Also worth noting that Bishop Auckland battered Ossett Albion 5 - 1 today again putting our result against them in perspective.

HammersforEver

http://www.corpobello.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Barnton at Home Empty Re: Barnton at Home

Post by Philip A Berry Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:33 am

OK "Hammers", I'm back.

Great performance today, we were better all round and could easily have scored more.
Our keeper had nothing to do apart from routine duties and their keeper made some fantastic saves to keep the scoreline down.
A bad start to the season but a good response today bodes well for the future.

I had thought about giving Squires Gate a miss on Tuesday but might just rethink that.

A good performance on Tuesday will give us momentum going into Saturday's start of our Wembley dream.

Rock on you Blues.

Philip A Berry

Back to top Go down

Post by HammersforEver Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:36 am

Good to hear from you Mr B.

Agreed, could have really punished them today but we'll take the four.

Squires had a great start but have stuttered last couple of weeks so hopefully us on the up meeting them on the down will give us confidence that we can score goals and keep clean sheets.

Hope to see you there as I have a feeling this is going to be a very good game as we have done very well away from home so far (performance wise)

HammersforEver

Back to top Go down

Post by colne blue Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:48 am

Big difference today was Brad Wicks he let young Jacks Brooks go forward and stiffened up the midfield.Good signs for rest of the season.

colne blue

Back to top Go down

Post by HammersforEver Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:40 am

Jack Brooks was centre half Colne Blue - I think you mean Jack Egan.

Easy mistake to make with lots of new young players on show.

The new forward was Jake Parker who did very well and the young winger who made his debut v Barlick also played and scored yesterday and won a penalty and he his called Jake Townsend.

So we have two attacking players called Jake, two midfielders called Brad and two Jacks.

Brad Wicks looked much fitter than when I last saw him play for us and was saddened when I heard that he had not returned for pre-season as I have always rated him since seeing him play for Lancashire U16's with Jack.

Great second debut though and many players are 19 years old at present and played together for various youth and county teams so good strong bond emerging at the club like never before.

HammersforEver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down