Blues Views
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil Eastwood

+2
colne blue
JKennett636
6 posters

Go down

Phil Eastwood Empty Phil Eastwood

Post by Philip A Berry Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:59 pm

Gone already.
We don't seem to be able to keep a manager anymore.
I just hope this doesn't herald another player exodus or we really will be starting again.

First Allardyce now Eastwood, who's next for the chop?

Philip A Berry

Back to top Go down

Phil Eastwood Empty Re: Phil Eastwood

Post by JKennett636 Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:02 pm

Fell and Fildes probably if they don't start winning some games at Ramsbottom!

In my view we just didn't have the experience in the ranks to compete at this level under Phil.

JKennett636
Admin

https://bluesviews.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Philip A Berry Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:10 pm

It is a very young team and needed more time to be moulded together.
A midfielder with experience would have made a big difference and a proven goalscorer.
These types of player usually come at a price. I wonder if Phil Eastwood was given sufficient resources to get them?

Philip A Berry

Back to top Go down

Phil Eastwood Empty Bad news

Post by onepostafteranoth Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:48 am

If this is a sacking, then this is really bad timing !!!! - we have winnable games against Barnton and Darwen over the next week but we may now struggle to put out a team.

in my opinion the vast majority of the lads will leave with Phil - just hope Fayaz has planned for the short term.

According to the website Al Norwood has picked up the poison chalice - surely we wont field an Under 18 team - it will destroy the very promising young lads,

always will support the team but the owners and hierarchy need to look at themselves in all these managerial changes !!!!!

Up the admirals

onepostafteranoth

Back to top Go down

Post by colne blue Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:28 am

I have to agree with previous comments,we needed an experienced mid fielder and a more physical striker,really sorry to see Phil. go.

colne blue

Back to top Go down

Post by HammersforEver Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:12 am

I totally agree with Philip one robust ball winner in midfield and a proven goalscorer and we would have won more than we lost for remainder of season.

We were slow to react through transition at times in midfield but that is down to player concentration not poor tactics.

The manager was slowly building a very good team of youngsters and bringing good experienced loan signings in to breed confidence throughout the team.

However, in the club we must trust.

Last edited by HammersforEver on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Incorrect info)

HammersforEver

http://www.corpobello.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Philip A Berry Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:56 am

Do you have a list of players who have gone and who have stayed?

Philip A Berry

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Keizer Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:36 am

I appreciate everyone will have their own opinions which we always take interest in and appreciate but just to clarify a few key points in response to message above.

Nowhere on the website does it say the manager resigned. A decision was made to which manager and chairman agreed on.

Not one youth team player was at training tonight.

To say a handful of first team players is way off. I counted roughly 16 players tonight of which 5 we new players the rest players kept on with a few away injured or unable to make training. Of the 5 new lads we had a 30 year old , a lad in his early twenties and a few 18-21 year olds so far from youth team lads. Naturally some players were going to have to leave as we felt changes are needed after 1 league win in 10 games. Of the list of players we wished to retain the vast majority have stayed with a handful choosing to move on.

In regards to budget all I will say is at the end of last season we agreed to double fildes wage bill. When he left for Rammy we provided the same wage bill to the new management team. A budget that is comfortably far more than many clubs in this league pay out. The football club works extremely hard to ensure resources are available for the first team budget to allow us to be competitive but sustainable so not to ever jepodise the club's finances.

People will have a different opinion as to whether the team was going to turn things around and whether progression was being made. The last thing we hoped or expected this season was to be 1 win in 10 league games and from here on the focus is on having a team that's full of character and quality required to get the season back on track. More players like your lad hammersforever!

Final note theres absolutely no hard feelings towards easty and his staff, they're top guys and we are all bitterly dissapointed it's not worked out for one reason or another. There will be announcements on a few new signings plus team update and a few words from Al Norwood on website tomorrow.

A_Keizer

Back to top Go down

Post by Philip A Berry Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:36 pm

Thanks for the update Adam.

It would be good if the website is updated with a list of who has come in and who has gone, not that I know many of the players these days, they come and go so quick I never get to know their names!

Philip A Berry

Back to top Go down

Phil Eastwood Empty We loose experience

Post by onepostafteranoth Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:46 pm

Also thanks for the update Adam

I would suggest the loanees , Boomer , Kev Brown , Zac Dale and a few more of the better players have moved on - a lot of the players were playing for Phil - no matter how this is flowered up it is not a good move for Nelson FC.

Just hope we can get a keeper in time for tomorrow at such short notice - I will be there getting behind Al and the boys - I really hope I am wrong when I say relegation looms,

up the blues

onepostafteranoth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down