Blues Views
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hanley on Saturday...

3 posters

Go down

Hanley on Saturday... Empty Hanley on Saturday...

Post by JKennett636 Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:49 pm

Anyone going?... A big win there and it's back in our own hands (bar Colls). New ground for me so ill make the trek up.

JKennett636
Admin

https://bluesviews.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Hanley on Saturday... Empty Re: Hanley on Saturday...

Post by Philip A Berry Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:34 am

Going down on the team coach. With a bit of luck someone will remember to bring my replica shirt along for me to parade around in.

Tough game, must not lose.

Philip A Berry

Back to top Go down

Post by JKennett636 Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:26 am

Didn't make the game, glad now! In serious danger of a repeat of last season, great start then wheels come off, before we know it the manager will be sacked and season in bits by November

JKennett636
Admin

https://bluesviews.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBlue Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:47 pm

No doubt there needs to be at least 2 defenders and 2 midfield players brought in pronto

TrueBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Philip A Berry Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:53 am

I have been saying all season that the defence needs to be strengthened but in this game the whole team looked a little dysfunctional. The pace, the urgency and the passion that was shown in the win against probably the best team in this division, Formby, was absent for the whole 90 minutes against a team that looked ordinary.

If Nelson are in a false position in the top two of this division, then so are Hanley. For most of the game Hanley used spoiling tactics by committing foul after foul in safe areas. This disrupted Nelson's passing game early in the moves which the referee did less than little to cut out. But having said that Nelson did nothing to counter the tactic, they were lethargic on the ball, slow to make a pass and ineffective with the many free kicks they were awarded.

All in all it was a poor 1st half, poor 2nd half and a poor ref. A poor day all round for Nelson.

Philip A Berry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down