Blues Views
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lancaster City

3 posters

Go down

Lancaster City Empty Lancaster City

Post by TrueBlue Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:18 am

What a month this is proving to be, magnificent result tonight well done to everyone involved

TrueBlue

Back to top Go down

Lancaster City Empty Lancaster City

Post by HammersforEver Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:12 am

A comfortable victory in the end. The possession that Lancs had was always in front of us although they did create and waste several chances but were punished clinically by the power surging Admirals.

My only criticism on the night was that we didn't play for possession when 2-0 up with a man advantage and very nearly let them back in the game.

However that said the discipline of the players was very good and we kept a good shape all night.

Ben kept us in it with good saves at critical times in the match. Both full backs were superb in and out of possession which helped the wide men to shine.

Grimes and Hoskin were superb again along with Allen. Wright not at his most mobile for obvious reasons but still played a key roll with his intelligence and hold up play.

Every player even subs can be pleased with their contributions last night. A very good victory indeed.

HammersforEver

http://www.corpobello.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Lancaster City Empty Re: Lancaster City

Post by TrueBlue Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:39 pm

Probably a good chance to give Wrighty a break for this cup game, doesn't look fit. give some of the lads who are on the fringes a chance. Grimesy is being managed through an injury as well , the priority isn't the league cup - we don't want it to become an excuse for a dip in league form

TrueBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by HammersforEver Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:30 am

Couldn't agree more but at the same time want to win everything we can.

Wright should be impact sub if needed at the very most.

If Mossa fit Grimesy on bench also, as that lad knows how to put a shift in. A true Captain who leads by example.

I think Mark and Tim have assembled a very good very strong squad of players and the team spirit is now coming together. I think Mark's no nonsense approach is attracting the right kind of players on the evidence of recent performances of his new signings. All worthy of a place in the team.

Chuck some of the young ones in - if they can notch against Lancaster they can do it against opponents in our league.

Also noticed Tom Murphy joined his mate Chris Turner at Padiham. Shame as good player but always thought of him as a wingback.

HammersforEver

Back to top Go down

Post by JKennett636 Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:28 pm

Murphy had a nightmare in several games I'd seen this season (Hanley away for example), appeared to have been dropped and Mark tried lots of different options there before bringing Lindon in, I understand him and Lloyd were very good on Tuesday night.

As far as chasing silverware goes we've not won and since 1996 (this very cup) so I'd take every chance to progress, albeit with a mixture of youth and experience.

JKennett636
Admin

https://bluesviews.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by HammersforEver Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:51 am

The full backs were brilliant J.

Irlam have young fast lads in their side and would be good to see some of ours in direct comparison.

If it doesn't work it's not the end of the world but if it does it would be a tactical feather in Mr Fell's cap, give chance to rest key players and also integrate young players closer to first team players where they will gain so much.

I also see Lee Botham may make a contribution on Saturday. I watch with anticipation as this with the signing of Adnan could turn out to be the last signings for a while and the final pieces of the jigsaw.

HammersforEver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down